Through the ACCESS PA system, our local patrons (those residing in the Palmerton Area School District) may borrow books from other PA libraries at no cost.
Online Searchable Library Catalog
Patrons may search for items, place a hold or renew books from their home computers.
Six computers with connections to the internet are available for public use.
Printing & Copying
Copies and printouts are $0.10 for a black and white copy, $0.25 for a color copy, and $0.40 for a two sided color copy.
Used books, CD’s, DVD’s, and puzzles are on sale year-round. Donations of books are always welcome.
The library offers the option of having all items that are placed on hold to be checked out and picked up at curbside by calling the library at 610-826-3424 to set up a time and date for pickup.
Story Time is held on Fridays at 10:30AM during the school year. Additional story times and hands on programs for preschoolers through teen occur throughout the month. Please check for program announcements.
Summer Reading Program
Hands on and take home activities to inspire a love of reading. Programs for all ages. New dates and themes are announced each summer.
Public and Private Meetings
Local non-profit groups may schedule meetings in the Library Conference Room or the Gallery. Fees are negotiable.
Books may be purchased for the Library collection to honor a person or occasion.
Available to the public for $1.00 per page with a $5.00 maximum charge.
Friends of the Library
They sponsor programs and fundraisers for the good of the library. Call the library for more information about joining the Friends.
WiFi Hot Spot with Free Internet Access for PenTeleData Customers.
- 15 books
- 5 DVD’s and/or video tapes
- 5 books
- No DVD’s and/or video tapes
- Books: 3 weeks with 2 renewals
- New Fiction: 2 weeks with 2 renewals
- Audio Books: 3 weeks with 2 renewals
- DVD’s/Videos: 1 week with 2 renewals
- DVD Series: 2 weeks with 2 renewals
- Items from our library will be held up to 7 days after notification
- Items not from our library will be held up to 4 days after notification
- No fines for overdue books
- Charges will be accrued if an item is damaged or officially lost
- Inter-Library Loans will accrue charges if the lending library charges for late returns
- Items may be renewed by phone during regular business hours, or you can renew online
- To renew your library books online or to view your library lending history click on the link above. The first time you log on, your Patron Number is your library barcode number with no spaces in between the numbers and your PIN is 1234. Once you log in, you can then change your PIN to whatever you want.
- The system will automatically renew items on the date due unless the item is on hold for another patron
The Palmerton Area Library Association is supported by the Palmerton Area School District and by the following municipalities: Palmerton Borough, Bowmanstown Borough, Lower Towamensing Township and Towamensing Township.